Re: [Lightning] released 1.2

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Lightning] released 1.2
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:35:16 +0100

Couyld you explain to us Arch newbies (I've only practiced CVS &
SubVersion) what are the exact commands (on e.g. a Linux/Debian
system) to get the sources from the latest Arch repository?

tla register-archive \
  http://www.sourcecontrol.net/~pbonzini/address@hidden
tla get address@hidden/lightning--devo--1.2 devel-lightning

It's like "cvs login" and "cvs co" respectively :-)

And then just do "tla update" or "tla replay" (I hate that Arch has so many way to do the simplest things) to fetch the changes.

Do you work on Arch or on CVS (as a primary repository)?

Arch, because it supports offline operation and lets me look at entire changesets. But I sync to CVS quite often (at least WRT to the pace of lightning development): you can see from the log messages that the latest checkins to CVS were actually updates from the Arch repository.

Paolo