[Lightning] Weird bug in function calls

From: Dhaemon
Subject: [Lightning] Weird bug in function calls
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 16:20:05 -0500

Hi,
First of all, thanks a lot for this great project.
I have produced the error on a i686-apple-darwin8 (latest Intel Core Duo 2 Macbook) using Apple GCC 4.0.1 with lightning-1.2b.
Function calls seem to work most of the time but sometime they cause an 'Illegal Instruction' error(Unix signal 4).

I found a reliable way to reproduce this error at will. It's pretty weird.
The following is a slightly modified version of 'printf.c' in the 'tests' directory:
http://www.step.polymtl.ca/~polyrad/polyrad/printf.c

When compiled with the marked c-call to 'display_message', there is no error.
When that line is removed, the program outputs:
looks like 1024 bytes sufficed
Illegal instruction

I checked the generated code and I compiled and disassembled 'printf.c' to see if I could find an explanation in there.
Nothing.

Am I overlooking something? Any ideas appreciated.
Thank you.