RE: Shaped note heads

From: Glen Prideaux
Subject: RE: Shaped note heads
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 17:13:51 +0800

> From: Han-Wen Nienhuys [mailto:address@hidden
> address@hidden writes:
> > I've written some MetaFont code for American solfa shaped
> note heads.
> > I hope this isn't duplicating anyone else's work. I know we've had
> > some discussion about this, but I haven't seen anyone say they had
> > developed the necessary glyphs as yet.
> >
> > I'd be interested in seeing any code that has been developed to
> > date, if there has been any.
>
> there seem to be some sharp edges in there (i.e.
>
>   reshape = (-1,1)--(-1,0.2){down} ... (0,-1) ...
> {up}(1,0.2)--(1,1)--cycle;
>   fill [..reshape..]
>
> Can you use circle pens for filldrawing the outline?

Thanks for the feedback. I'd welcome any other criticisms, too. I fully
expected what I've submitted to be taken as a first draft, not the finished
product. I mainly wanted to give a gentle push to others who have started
work on the code to implement shaped notes.

This is my first time playing with MetaFont, although I've used MetaPost a
bit, so I'm not totally new at it.

I'll check on the pencircle used by other noteheads and use the same.

Glen
--
Glen Prideaux
<address@hidden>