New font installation idea

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: New font installation idea
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 01:40:21 +0100

address@hidden writes:
>[lots of explanation about TeX]
> What do you say, should I make a try to implement this
> in a patch?

It sounds well motivated. I'd say: go for it.  I have one request,
though, to keep us & the rest from reinventing the wheel (and
accidentally fixing stuff in the wrong way), this all should be
documented somewhere, in some separate file. All of the relevant
places should have comments as well (which probably should be refer to
the doc file.)

Some more requests: it would be nice if fonts were generated in
/var/somewhere/, and not in /usr/share/lilypond. Also, the
directoryname should probably read lilypond-VERSION, so installing
different versions is easy.