Re: Plans for guitar notation

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Plans for guitar notation
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:05:27 +0200

David Raleigh Arnold wrote:

Wouldn't it be simpler to consider each line of tab to be a staff of a
single line?

No.
Problems would include: Positioning of clef, positioning of bar lines (repeat dots in particular), and then all those poor users who don't agree with you that the tab should contain nothing but numbers.

> I would love to have lines and numbers for 5-string banjo
music, but bends and stuff like that in the tab make no sense, because
they belong in the notation, not the tab.  The notation tells what music
sounds like, the tab is only fingering.

Yes, you have written this before. We all know your preferences.
What I don't understand is why you cannot accept that not all musicians agree with you.

-Rune