Re: lilypond 1.5.60

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: lilypond 1.5.60
Date: 10 Jun 2002 09:13:01 -0400

    Juergen> On 8 Jun 2002, Laura Conrad wrote:

    >> So on Monday morning, I need a working publishing system that
    >> knows how to print longas and breves.

I sort of have this; I've written a script that clutters up the
lilypond with the font changing for the longer note lengths, and tags
the font commands with a comment that will make them easy to remove
when style baroque gets fixed.

Anyone who wants my script is welcome to it, but it works for me
because most of my lilypond is written by abc2ly, so I can count on
the spacing being the kind abc2ly produces.  That is, notes are
separated from each other by whitespace, but there is no whitespace
between the pitch and the duration of the note.

    >> I don't want to roll back the 1.5 changes in my scripts and
    >> figure out how to clean up the fonts, and go back to 1.4, but
    >> I'd rather do that than have my group members not have all the
    >> printed notes in front of them.

    Juergen> How about using neo-mensural style until baroque style is fixed?

Basically because it looks too different from what I've been giving
people.

What I'm trying to do is print music that looks as "normal" as
possible which will nevertheless force musicians trained in modern
notation to read unbarred parts the way a Renaissance musician might
have.

Also, I'm not just producing a few pages of music for a few people to
play tomorrow.  Those few pages will go into a book with all the other
Dowland or Glogauer pieces I've been doing, and be put up on my
website, and I don't want to change the notehead style all of a sudden
in the middle of the book.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139