CLA(O)P II

From: Han-Wen
Subject: CLA(O)P II
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:55:19 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> The concert went well.
> I talked to the composer and he agreed to include the score in lilypond
> as long as his name was maintained and as long as he kept the copyrights
> - that is people are not allowed to make changes to the score.

Sure, we could add that. But I hope he understands that there is
little that will bar people from breaking that condition; if you
supply source, it would be easy. OTOH, you made an automated score in
a few days, so it's not that difficult anyway.

(BTW, Mutopia doesn't take submissions on a "no modification" basis,
does it?)

> I think including CLA(O)P II is a Good Thing because it stress tests
> lilypond very well. This is also why I think that including only an
> excerpt from it is stupid.
> I am not sure how the inclusion should be.
> The raw lilypond file is 750k; gzip'ed 40k.

Ok, BTW, it should come with some notes for people wanting to perform
the piece; usually those are in the front of the score.

> Alternatively one could include the generating c-file into lilypond.
> Or perhaps we should just wait till I manage to redo it in scheme... :-)

I prefer Python -- Scheme is probably not convenient, and C files give
headaches with compile & configure commands. It's quite easy to transcribe C
source to python. including a 750 k .ly file is a little over the top,
if you ask me.

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen