etf2ly ignores whole rests?

From: Han-Wen
Subject: etf2ly ignores whole rests?
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 00:52:20 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> I got the  etf file at:
> <http://serpent.laymusic.org/lconrad/homepage/music/fromweb/frank/cabezon/cabezon-duo01.etf>
> from a friend, and sent him the etf2ly
> output.  He assures me that there are no non-standard finale
> constructs, and that what's wrong is that there are 2 whole note rests
> missing at about measure 48 in the top line.
>
> I have looked at the etf2ly code, and don't see any obvious reason why
> it should be able to parse whole notes but not whole rests.

whole rests = empty measures. There is somewhat more hairy logic
needed. Finale does not produce measure-entries for completely empty
measures, so you can't dump a staff by simply concatenating all measures.

Patches appreciated.

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen