Re: new option for lilypond-book

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: new option for lilypond-book
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:21:54 +0200 (CEST)

> After applying this 'obvious' patch:
>
>  web-doc: web-reqs
> -     $(MAKE) out=www -C LILYPOND_BOOK_FORMAT=tex-html input/regression/ WWW
> -     $(MAKE) out=www -C LILYPOND_BOOK_FORMAT=tex-html input/template/ WWW
> -     $(MAKE) out=www -C LILYPOND_BOOK_FORMAT=tex-html input/test/ WWW
> -     $(MAKE) out=www -C LILYPOND_BOOK_FORMAT=tex-html Documentation WWW
> +     $(MAKE) out=www LILYPOND_BOOK_FORMAT=tex-html -C input/regression/ WWW
> +     $(MAKE) out=www LILYPOND_BOOK_FORMAT=tex-html -C input/template/ WWW
> +     $(MAKE) out=www LILYPOND_BOOK_FORMAT=tex-html -C input/test/ WWW
> +     $(MAKE) out=www LILYPOND_BOOK_FORMAT=tex-html -C Documentation WWW
>       $(MAKE) footify

Shame on me!  It's fixed now in the CVS (`tex-html' should be
`texi-html', so you get the described error -- can someone please add
a guard to lilypond-script to make it default to, say, `texi' if an
unknown format is used?)

> PS: didn't commit to CVS yet, as I'm not sure what the
>     LILYPOND_BOOK_FORMAT=tex-html option actually does: we *do* want
>     png output with the web doc.  And if this option is ok, it should
>     probably be set in each local make file rather than only at top
>     level.

The default value for LILYPOND_BOOK_FORMAT is set in
lilypond-vars.make; it defaults to `texi' for speed reasons.  For web
builds, it should be overridden with `texi-html' to produce PNGs also.
As mentioned earlier, I don't know the `correct' way to fix the
Makefiles, so I tried the simplest solution I could find.

    Werner