Re: new option for lilypond-book

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: new option for lilypond-book
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:59:43 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

> Shame on me!  It's fixed now in the CVS (`tex-html' should be
> `texi-html', so you get the described error

OK, thanks.

>  -- can someone please add
> a guard to lilypond-script to make it default to, say, `texi' if an
> unknown format is used?)

I don't think that's a smart thing to do; it will cause strange
parse errors if texi is not the format?  Here's the code snippet from
lilypond-book:

    def determine_format (str):
            if __main__.format == '':

                    html = re.search ('(?i)<[dh]tml', str[:200])
                    latex = re.search (r'''\\document''', str[:200])
                    texi = re.search ('@node|@setfilename', str[:200])

                    f = ''
                    g = None

                    if html and not latex and not texi:
                            f = 'html'
                    elif latex and not html and not texi:
                            f = 'latex'
                    elif texi and not html and not latex:
                            f = 'texi'
                    else:
                            error ("can't determine format, please specify")
                    __main__.format = f

better just get the error?

> The default value for LILYPOND_BOOK_FORMAT is set in
> lilypond-vars.make; it defaults to `texi' for speed reasons.  For web
> builds, it should be overridden with `texi-html' to produce PNGs also.
> As mentioned earlier, I don't know the `correct' way to fix the
> Makefiles, so I tried the simplest solution I could find.

I see, and it's fine.  You(?) already did it the right way in
stepmake/www-targets.make (the www-*.make files should not be part of
stepmake, as it seems), but as the top level GNUmakefile.in has
different targets; it just needs to be there too.

Jan.