next TeX improvement

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: next TeX improvement
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:58:01 +0200 (CEST)

It is really amazing how much the lily output can be improved by very
simple and small changes!  My recent patch for lily-ps-defs.tex
applied to the 1.6 tree again reduces the size of both dvi and ps
files by about 30% to 40% if it contains music only...

Please test -- there were some, hmm, mysterious comments regarding
RedHat's xdvi which I've removed since I believe that they are no
longer true.

    Werner