Re: \tempo -bug and feature request

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Re: \tempo -bug and feature request
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:58:46 +0200 (EET)

> As soon as someone takes the two hours necessary to implement the
> printing of the tempo indication, I'd still vote for one single
> command, namely \tempo 4 = 120 and a property that specifies if the
> change should be printed in the music or not (and similarly if it
> should appear in the MIDI or only in the print). Don't add more
> commands than necessary.

Ok. For somebody: default equals not shown?

> > To conclude there was bug concerning \tempo and feature request for \MM.
>
> I haven't checked the latest releases, but last time I tried it, it
> worked well also in the MIDI, as indicated in the oterh answer you got
> earlier today. Possibly, you may get problems if you have \tempo
> indications both in the  \midi{...} block and within the music.
>
>    /Mats

Both stable and dev-cvs printed the warnings. Only dev-cvs had errors in
the paper. IMO, \tempo -marks in \midi{...} should be applied first and
further \tempo -marks in \notes{...} would then override the prior
midi-settings.

An interesting feature is that currently it is possible to apply different
\tempo for each channel (parallel notes-section). That allows also for
aleatoric music; "Let's meet at fermata!"

      Heikki Junes