Re: ly/property-init.ly

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: ly/property-init.ly
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:47:41 -0700

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:24:36 +0200
Jeremy <address@hidden> wrote:
> HWN> I think that the contents of the file should somehow also be part of
> HWN> the generated documentation, but I realize that that may not be
> HWN> practical.
>
> Obviously, the property changes should be on the concerned pages,
> while putting a strong emphasis on the fact that there are two
> different commands for the two different type of slurs.
>
> Perhaps each time, there could be, in addition, a link to a more
> general section documenting the entire file (somebody who's looking
> for a way to orient ties, then stumbles on the whole thing -- and is
> prepared when he decided to orient stems).

I think the info should be in both places.  Document \tieUp in Ties,
but also include the whole document as an appendix or "cheat sheet".
That way people reading the manual get the info, but if you already
know how the commands work and just can't remember the names (or
something like that), you can quickly look at all the commands.

> Graham, I'll volunteer on this one *if* you want.

Thanks; that would be nice.  I've got a contract to catalogue a small
music library (1400 pieces of music), so after I start that I won't
have much time for Lilypond for two or three weeks.