Re: At last perhaps some good news

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: At last perhaps some good news
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:01:38 +0200

Bertalan Fodor writes:

[cc'ing lilypond-devel]

> It wasn't an easy go, but the packages were created. I really hope they are
> relatively ok.

There are a number of problems that still need to be fixed.  See below.

> http://www.inf.bme.hu/~berti/lilypond

> I had to modify netrel/extra/lilypond
>
> preinstall() {
>
> If iscygwin; then
> addmakeflags webdir="$inst-doc/$packagedocdir" ' ' web-install
> fi
> }

Ok, use cvs diff -u cygwin/mknetrel to generate a patch.

> Other issues:
>
> - I had to modify Documentation/user/GNUMakefile (see lilypond-devel)

Yes, you found a bashism.

> - I was able to build and use makeinfo 4.6, but texi2dvi 4.6 didn't work.
> Perhaps some misconfiguration. I reverted the script to 4.2 and that way
> everything worked.

Hmm.

> - Imagemagick doesn't work when installed in /bin and /bin is mounted with
> mount -X. So ImageMagick must be installed in an other directory. The
> MAGICK_HOME environment variable must be set according to the QuickStart
> guide on ImageMagick site.

Did you ask about this/report this problem to Cygwin?

> - Previous fonts cached in /var/fonts must have been deleted (actually I
> removed previous - 1.8.2 - version)
> - Info files are contained in lilypond-doc and not in lilypond.

That's not good; info an manual pages should not be in -doc

> - When installing with cygwin postinstall-lilypond.sh hangs - perhaps a
> setup.exe or setup.ini issue

This should be debugged and fixed.  If postinstall-lilypond fails,
double-click does not work.

> - I couldn't totally correctly set up setup.ini (perhaps because setup.exe
> was recently changed)

You may ask on the cygwin-apps list about this, I think.

> There are some errors, but I think they are neither critical nor urgent to
> solve, so I didn't take the time to investigate (and I think they are not
> related to cygwin), for example:
>
> 1.
> perhaps topdocs-targets should also be changed, because

Yes perhaps.  Please find out what the problem is.

> cp: cannot stat
> `/netrel/build/lilypond-2.0.1//Documentation/topdocs/out-www/*png': No such
> file or directory
>
> cp: cannot stat
> `/netrel/build/lilypond-2.0.1//Documentation/topdocs/out-www/index.html': No
> such file or directory
>
> And yes, there aren't any of these files.
>
> 2.
> /usr/bin/make --no-builtin-rules -C /netrel/src/lilypond-2.0.1 -f
> GNUmakefile.in builddir=/netrel/build/lilypond-2.0.1 install-info
> make[1]: Entering directory `/netrel/src/lilypond-2.0.1'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `install-info'.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/netrel/src/lilypond-2.0.1'
> make: [install-info] Error 2 (ignored)
> install: cannot stat `AUTHORS.txt': No such file or directory
> install: cannot stat `INSTALL.txt': No such file or directory
> install: cannot stat `NEWS.txt': No such file or directory
> install: cannot stat `README.txt': No such file or directory

This should be fixed, possibly it is a srcdir build problem, see 4.

> 3.
> + needinstall_info
> + :
> + gcc_tooldir=/netrel/inst/lilypond-2.0.1/usr
> /usr/bin/make --no-builtin-rules -C /netrel/src/lilypond-2.0.1 -f
> GNUmakefile.in builddir=/netrel/build/lilypond-2.0.1 install-info
> make[1]: Entering directory `/netrel/src/lilypond-2.0.1'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `install-info'.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/netrel/src/lilypond-2.0.1'
> make: [install-info] Error 2 (ignored)

The install-info target is mandatory, I don't understand why it fails,
probably a srcdir build problem; you should add a diversion to
make/srcdir.make.in

> 4. Info pages shouldn't be in lilypond-doc too. I think it is

Yes, this should be fixed.  If 1.8.2-1 also has this problem, you can
choose to fix this later.