Re: LilyPond 2.2.1 released

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.2.1 released
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 15:21:42 +0200

On Monday 03 May 2004 08.58, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> 2.2.1 is out.
>
> P.S. We are still  looking for a Release Meister, who will coordinate
> releases and backports. Please write to address@hidden for
> more information.

I don't think I am the man for this job, but maybe I shold act as its inverse.
Basically, a release should be done when a few improvements have been done
since last time, and there is no reason not to release. As a bug meister, I
should know when there is a reason not to release. Hence it could be a good
idea to "warn" me before releasing, so I can verify that there are no known
critical bugs left that shouldn't be there.

The same goes for the build meister, who maybe also should get an opportunity
to say "Wait" before a release, in case there are known build problems on
some platform.

Erik