Re: CVS access Was: Re: download page updated

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: CVS access Was: Re: download page updated
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 15:59:10 +0200

Pedro Kroger writes:

> Thanks, that helped. But unfortunately the problem remains. Here is
> what happened:

> [08:00:06] pythagoras kroger $ cvs -d address@hidden:/cvsroot/lilypond co
> lilypond
> debug1: Host 'subversions.gnu.org' is known and matches the RSA host key.
> debug1: Found key in /home/kroger/.ssh/known_hosts:3
> debug1: ssh_rsa_verify: signature correct
> debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
> debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
> debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
> debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent
> debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT received
> debug1: Authentications that can continue:
> publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
> debug1: Next authentication method: publickey
> debug1: Trying private key: /home/kroger/.ssh/id_rsa
> debug1: Offering public key: /home/kroger/.ssh/id_dsa
> debug1: Authentications that can continue:
> publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
> debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive

That doesn't look good.  Your key is not accepted.  Here's what I get

debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug1: Offering public key: /home/janneke/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: Remote: Forced command: cvs server
debug1: Remote: Pty allocation disabled.
debug1: Remote: Port forwarding disabled.
debug1: Remote: Agent forwarding disabled.
debug1: Remote: X11 forwarding disabled.
debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-dss blen 434

> I'm pretty sure I'm typing the right password, BTW. Any ideas?

Passwords do not work.  Re-check your key entry into savannah, one
long line for one key (check the number of keys), or mail to the
savannah-hackers list.

Jan.