Re: list of feature requests

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: list of feature requests
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 18:26:25 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> > On the other hand, the advantage of not having a feature request
> > list easily accessible on the WWW is that popular feature requests
> > will be repeated multiple times on the mailing lists, whereas if
> > users see that the request already is listed, they don't repeat it.
> > So, not having a list may be a way to get a kind of voting mechanism.
> > (Sorry to contradict myself).
>
> OTOH the list doesn't have to be public (although I think it
> should).
>
> I'm asking myself if users are asking features nice and doable enough
> so we should keep them easily accessible even if they are not going to
> be implemented in a near future.

We could store them, but we have to divert energy into maintaining
that list, which is a waste IMO. Also, past experience with TODO lists
shows that they tend to fill up with useless requests.  I concur with
Mats that the mailing list is much better inspiration for deciding on
what to implement next.