Re: debian package status

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: debian package status
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 10:08:33 +0200

Pedro Kroger wrote:
Hi folks,

[it's a long email, sorry]

As you know I started a new "branch" in the debian package. It's based
on the previous work by Fok but I deleted the unnecessary stuff (like
specific code for lily 1.3 and 1.7 for example) and made it
"independent" of the stable one, i.e., you can have both in your
system, like python. I think that this is the best way to pack
lilypond. It seems to be working on my system. I'm waiting for more
user feedback and, as soon as I get a change, I'll install it in a
pristine system.

I don't know about the package naming conventions in Debian, but
wouldn't it be better to use a name like lilypond (without version
number) for the stable versions and lilypond-unstable (or whatever)
for the unstable versions. Otherwise, you will in principle need a new
"Replaces" statement for each new major revision of LilyPond.

   /Mats