Re: Font troubles with Fedora Build from CVS

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Font troubles with Fedora Build from CVS
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 20:36:28 -0400

Pedro Kroger wrote:
>* Carl Sorensen (address@hidden) wrote:
>> I built lilypond 2.3.5 under Fedora.  I had trouble with the images
>> (none were found), but proceeded to make install.  Lilypond apparently
>> installed OK, as I can process .ly files.  However, every time I do, I
> get the following messages:
>
>Download ec-fonts-mftraced-1.0.2-1 from here
>http://lilypond.org/download/fonts/ (check the not at the download page)

I downloaded the fonts as an RPM, since I'm using Fedora.

After download, I tried to install, with the following results.

address@hidden lilypond]# rpm --install ec-fonts-mftraced-1.0.2-1.noarch.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        mftrace is needed by ec-fonts-mftraced-1.0.2-1
address@hidden lilypond]# which mftrace
/usr/local/bin/mftrace

This seems to indicate some kind of trouble in my system, doesn't it?

Then, following the install instructions for systems where RPM and DEB won't
work,
I did the follwing:

address@hidden lilypond]# rpm2cpio ec-fonts-mftraced-1.0.2-1.noarch.rpm | cpio
-uid
15918 blocks
address@hidden lilypond]# mktexlsr
mktexlsr: Updating /usr/share/texmf/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Updating /var/lib/texmf/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Done.

Everything seemed OK, so I went ahead and reran lilypond:

address@hidden lilypond-files]$ lilypond fret-diagram
lilypond (GNU LilyPond) 2.3.5
Running lilypond-bin...
Now processing `fret-diagram.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music... [8][16]
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Calculating line breaks... warning: kpathsea can not find TFM file: `ecss8'
warning: can't find font: `ecss8'
warning: Loading default font
warning: kpathsea can not find TFM file: `ecss10'
warning: can't find font: `ecss10'
warning: Loading default font
warning: kpathsea can not find TFM file: `ecss12'
warning: can't find font: `ecss12'
warning: Loading default font
warning: kpathsea can not find TFM file: `ecss17'
warning: can't find font: `ecss17'
warning: Loading default font
[3][6][9][12][15][17]
warning: kpathsea can not find TFM file: `ecrm6'
warning: can't find font: `ecrm6'
warning: Loading default font
warning: kpathsea can not find TFM file: `ecbx6'
warning: can't find font: `ecbx6'
warning: Loading default font
warning: kpathsea can not find TFM file: `ecbx8'
warning: can't find font: `ecbx8'
warning: Loading default font
warning: kpathsea can not find TFM file: `ecbx10'
warning: can't find font: `ecbx10'
warning: Loading default font
warning: kpathsea can not find TFM file: `ecbx12'
warning: can't find font: `ecbx12'
warning: Loading default font
warning: kpathsea can not find TFM file: `ecrm8'
warning: can't find font: `ecrm8'
warning: Loading default font
warning: kpathsea can not find TFM file: `ecrm10'
warning: can't find font: `ecrm10'
warning: Loading default font
warning: kpathsea can not find TFM file: `ecrm17'
warning: can't find font: `ecrm17'
warning: Loading default font
paper output to `fret-diagram.tex'...

Analyzing fret-diagram.tex...