Re: Preferred use of define-grob-properties.scm

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Preferred use of define-grob-properties.scm
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:56:06 -0400

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 13:16, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> Our thoughts on this matter aren't entirely set in stone. Since you've
> already added a lot of properties, we can't save precious development
> time by not using properties :-) Maybe you could review all of them,
> and prune the ones which are surely not user-serviceable.

I've done this in the CVS now.

> > Is the preferred method of using constants to define named constants,
> > then use those named constants in the code?  If so, should the named
> > constants just be defined at the top of fret-diagrams.scm?
>
> Good question - there is no preferred method yet, but perhaps your
> proposal is a good idea.

The way I resolved it is to just comment out the lines that used
properties (makes it easier for future expansion) and just put in a line
to assign the default value to the variable.  It seemed like
an easy way to preserve the property value if usage seemed to require
it.

Carl