Re: elastic space between staves

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: elastic space between staves
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:21:29 +0200 (CEST)

> What you are suggesting is -in effect- copying the horizontal
> spacing to the vertical spacing as well.  For this to work, all
> vertical spacing code has to be split in two: calculate rods
> (minimum distances) and springs (elastic distances), and then the
> vertical spacing pass must be mingled with page breaking.

Perhaps a misunderstand: I suggest a much simpler solution, namely to
have equal vertical space between all staves so that lilypond's
vertical space computation can stay unchanged:

  \hbox{staff 1, system 1}
  \interstaffskip
  \hbox{staff 2, system 1}
  \interstaffskip
  \hbox{staff n, system 1}

  \interscoreline

  \hbox{staff 1, system 2}
  \interstaffskip
  \hbox{staff 2, system 2}
  \interstaffskip
  \hbox{staff n, system 2}

At least for now this should be sufficient.

    Werner