Re: scheme problems

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: scheme problems
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 06:28:46 +0200 (CEST)

I wrote (to lilypond-user):

> I want to have a \Fermata macro which puts a fermata over a rest,
> moving it down by a certain amount (basically, this is to work
> around a bug in lilypond: The position of a fermata over a rest is
> far too high).  While I can come up with scheme code to create a
> RestEvent, I wasn't able to find a way to set the extra-offset
> property at the same time:
>
>   #(define (rest-fermata)
>     (make-music 'TextScriptEvent
>                 'text (make-musicglyph-markup "scripts-ufermata")))
>
>   Fermata = #(rest-fermata)

>   R1\Fermata

Unfortunately, I got no answer, so let me rephrase:

How can I create an <xxx>Event with `make-music' and modify the
properties of <xxx> at the same time?  I wasn't able to find this in
the documentation (or in the sample files), and I suggest that it is
mentioned somewhere.  I would like to have a `set-grob-properties'
list element or something similar:

  #(define (rest-fermata)
    (make-music 'TextScriptEvent
                'text (make-musicglyph-markup "scripts-ufermata")
                'set-grob-properties '((extra-offset (1 . 0))
                                       (font-size 3)
                                       ...)))

    Werner