Re: i'm not back yet

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: i'm not back yet
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:43:13 +0200

On Friday 13 August 2004 20.31, Nicolas Sceaux wrote:
> Erik Sandberg <address@hidden> writes:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm back home now, but the first thing that happened here was that X
> > broke.
>
> Oh, you too? ;-)
> An unfortunate graphical-card-driver update in Debian?

probably.. all i know is it happened right after a dist-upgrade, but i
couldn't see any gfx related updates when browsing the apt cache.. i use
nvidia.

anyways, it's up and working now (as you might guess from my recent mail
flow). Downgrading to 2.4 kernel worked.

> > So I haven't caught up with all bugs yet (I'm the lame kind of
> > person that relies on programs like kmail and gv, and doesn't use
> > emacs/W3 as my default browser).
>
> tss, real nerds use lynx

naah.. the real hardcore ones use wget + less.

Erik