\addquote problems

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: \addquote problems
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 08:47:29 +0200 (CEST)

I think that the way \addquote works currently isn't helpful in
practical use:

Consider this score:

  A = \relative c' {
        c4 d e f | g1 | }
  B = \relative c' {
        R1 | c4 d e f | }

  \score {
    <<
      \context Staff = "A" { \A }
      \context Staff = "B" { \B }

  }

Now I want to typeset the part for B:

  \score {
    \context Staff = "B" { \B }
  }

Suddenly I discover that it would be a good idea to have cue notes for
the first bar.  What I now want to do is this:

  A = \relative c' {
        \addquote "Ai" { c4 d e f } | g1 | }
  B = \relative c' {
        \tag #'score { R1 }
         \tag #'part { << R1^"voice a"     \\
                          \quote "Ai" 1 >> } |
        c4 d e f |
      }

  \score {
    \context Staff = "B" { \applymusic  #(remove-tag 'score) \B }
  }

but this doesn't work, unfortunately.  \addquote should be embeddable
into a music expression, and it should be transparent to the
surrounding music.  Can you add this?

    Werner