Re: [bug] collision: slur + accidentals

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: [bug] collision: slur + accidentals
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 22:48:13 -0700

On 29-Aug-04, at 8:43 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
address@hidden writes:
On Saturday 28 August 2004 03.45, Graham Percival wrote:
%% slur does not look at accidentals
\score {
\relative c''{
a1 a a a a
a2. g16( b d fis)
}}

Known problem (slur-accidental in bug CVS)

Sorry.

Is input/bugs/ obsolete?  If so, can I remove it from the Lilypond CVS
module?

Erik, is there an easy way for a non-developer (ie no CVS downloading)
to search the bugs database?  I had a quick glance around the web pages,
and I couldn't find anything.  If there _is_ such a method, I should add
a link in the manual. (and if there isn't such a method, then are you happy
getting numerous reports about the same bug?)

This has been fixed, in the sense that the parameters
used for slur formatting can be adjusted now. By setting
the parameter  (see slur.scm)

    (accidental-collision . 4)

the collision is prevented, but I prefer lily's current alternative.

I'll revisit this in a few weeks, once I've read all the manual.  So far
I haven't read the "Changing Defaults" or "Interface for progammers" sections, so the only scheme I know is stuff I've picked up from tips'n'tricks. I can't figure out how to set that parameter, other than by editing scm/slur.scm and recompiling LilyPond. And I assume that's not the recommended method. :)

(no, don't tell me how to do it. It'll be a way to goad myself into reading
the tricky stuff.  :)