lilypond-book documentation?

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: lilypond-book documentation?
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 15:15:02 +0200

Hi,

Without knowing much about how lilypond-book works, I tried to use it today. I
found that the documentation is not so good for me. I am pretty new to LaTeX.

It would be a lot easier if the documentation was supplemented with at least
two "mini-tutorials"; one for latex integration and one for texi integration.
Each mini-tutorial wouldn't need to contain much more than just one small but
complete input file, the necessary commands to compile it, and a picture of
the output. (just extending the existing examples to "mini-tutorials" would
be enough)

One example of what's not mentioned in the manual, is which file extensions to
use. Apparently lilypond-book acts differently depending on input file
extensions; e.g. .tely seems to make texi output default.

There might exist a part of the manual that I haven't read, and which contains
all this info. In this case there should IMHO exist a link there from
Integrating-LaTeX-and-music.html.

Erik