Re: lilypond-book documentation?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond-book documentation?
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 23:44:09 -0700

On 9-Oct-04, at 6:49 AM, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

Erik Sandberg writes:

Without knowing much about how lilypond-book works, I tried to use
it today. I found that the documentation is not so good for me. I am
pretty new to LaTeX.

It would be a lot easier if the documentation was supplemented with at least
two "mini-tutorials";

Yes, TWBN.

OK, I'll work on that next.

One example of what's not mentioned in the manual, is which file
extensions to use.

That's also something that should be fixed.  IWBN to have a convention
of suffixes go together with a plug-in make or scons snippet.

Will be done soon.

Erik, if you want a simple example of lilypond-book (and if you would
like to help bughunt :), you could look at point #2 of
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2004-09/msg00266.html

I'd like to test if the bug occurs on your non-OSX system, or whether it's
an OSX-specific problem.  Since you're new to lilypond-book, the chain
of commands is
lilypond-book bar.lytex; latex bar.tex; dvips bar.dvi -o bar.ps; ps2pdf bar.ps