LilyPond frontend once again

From: Matevz Jekovec
Subject: LilyPond frontend once again
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 01:19:10 +0200

Looking at Five Line Skink (http://s92972807.onlinehome.us/skink.html) ABC Music frontend, does LilyPond have anything similar? I'm not thinking on another music notation program now (I think LilyPond should really do its primary goal - being an engraver), but something similar to WYSIWYG. IMO RoseGarden, NoteEdit and similar should serve as a composing tool (when you write a score on your own, you don't really care how does it look like. You're interested in its internal structure), but they all have the export to LilyPond function. That's where the LilyPond GUI should take part. You'd open that .ly file and prepare the score for publishing.

- Matevz