[bug] clusters with lyrics

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: [bug] clusters with lyrics
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 00:00:17 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

Seems like the current implementation of clusters is completely
incompatible with lyrics (I am not sure if my original implementation
was).  For example:

\version "2.3.22"

myVoice = {
    \transpose c' c'' {
        <c d>
        \makeClusters {
            <d e> <f g>
        }
        <c d>
    }
}

myText = \lyricmode {
    foo bar hey hopp
}

\score {
    <<
        \context Voice = "lala" { \myVoice }
        \context Lyrics = "lolo"
        \lyricsto "lala" \myText

}

In this example, no text is put under the cluster; instead, the syllable
"bar" is put under the second "<c d>".  This is bad.  Correctly, at least
"bar" should be put under the cluster.  I am not sure, if clusters should
be considered "atomic" with respect to syllables or if "(" and ")" should
also work within clusters.  I.e. I am not sure if the syllable "hey"
should be put also under the cluster or behind it.  Probably the first
case would be better both, logically and with respect to what can be
actually found in music literature.

Greetings,
Jürgen