Re: lilypond ./ChangeLog scm/framework-tex.scm tex/...

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lilypond ./ChangeLog scm/framework-tex.scm tex/...
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:40:50 +0200

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
CVSROOT:        /cvsroot/lilypond
Module name:    lilypond
Branch:
Changes by:     Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>   04/10/20 06:32:54

Modified files:
. : ChangeLog scm : framework-tex.scm tex : lilyponddefs.tex
Log message:
        * scm/framework-tex.scm (header-end): Don't set \outputscale.
        (dump-line): Produce prettier output.

        * tex/lilyponddefs.tex: Comment all macros extensively.
        (\fetasixteen, \fetafont, \fetachar): Removed, unused.  We also
        don't input `feta20.tex'.

I agree that they are not used by LilyPond itself, but I still think
they are useful, see for example my answer today in lilypond-user to
a question on how to include sharps and flats in lyrics. They may also
be useful in LaTeX documents (with or without lilypond-book), but for
that situation, it may be more relevant to include them somewhere in the
documentation than in lilyponddefs.tex, especially in version 3.0.

Conclusion, we should definitely not just throw these (sometimes very
useful) macros in the waste basket.

   /Mats