Re: lilypond-book won't work for me

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lilypond-book won't work for me
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:00:58 +0200

Carl Sorensen wrote:
I've been reviewing the documentation on fret-diagrams (thanks Juergen!)
and I wanted to make some changes so the LilyPond output looks decent
(right now, it's quite crowded).

I thought I'd start by creating my own lilypond-book file and getting it
to look good.  Then, when I had it the way I wanted it, I'd make changes
to the documentation.

I tried running lilypond-book on a very simple booktest.lytex file:

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\begin{document}

Here is a test of the fret diagrams code when used in lilypond-book.

\begin{lilypond}
\relative {
  c2 g'2 \times 2/3 { f8 e d } c'2 g4
}
\end{lilypond}
\end{document}

First I get

kpathsea: Running mktexmf parmesan20
! I can't find file `parmesan20'.
<*> ...four; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input parmesan20
then I get

! I can't find file `lilyponddefs'.
l.22   \input lilyponddefs
Please type another input file name:

It seems apparent to me that I have environment variables
messed up somehow.

address@hidden out]$ env
address@hidden@,{/home/carl/texmf,!!/usr/local/share/texmf,!!/usr/share/texmf}}

It looks as if you have built LilyPond yourself and sourced
buildscripts/lilypond-profile.sh instead of the correct one:
buildscripts/out/lilypond-profile.

   /Mats