abc2ly problem

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: abc2ly problem
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:47:02 -0400

It looks like abc2ly has not been modified to produce current syntax.

I installed lilypond-snapshot from Pedro's site (Thanks, Pedro), and
wrote an ABC file that doesn't need all the scripts I normally use to
produce unbarred output with some ancient music features.

The file is attached.  I get no errors on it with either abc2ps or
abc2ly-snapshot, and it works fine with abc2ly and lilypond from
2.0.1.  However, when I run lilypond-snapshot, I get:

[hark]# lilypond-snapshot tenor.ly

Now processing `tenor.ly'
Parsing...

tenor.ly:9:3: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING:
Har
   k! Hark! Hark, hark what news the an-  gels bring:

tenor.ly:15:3: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING:
Thi
   s, this, this is the day, the bless-  ed morn,

tenor.ly:21:1: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING:
 f, if, if an-  gels sing at Christ his birth,

tenor.ly:27:4: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING:
Swee
    t, sweet, sweet Christ, thou didst thy-  self de-  base,

tenor.ly:29:41: error: syntax error, unexpected $undefined:
And leave thy Fa-  ther's throne a-  bove
                                         ;

tenor.ly:34:2: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING:
Ma
  y, May, may  we con-  tem-  plate and ad-  mire

tenor.ly:36:32: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING:
Ex-  tend your voice a-  bove th
                                e sky:  And glo-  ry be to God on high,

tenor.ly:42:9: error: unknown escaped string: `\property':
\property
          Staff.TimeSignature \override #'style = #'C

tenor.ly:42:8: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING:
\propert
        y Staff.TimeSignature \override #'style = #'C

tenor.ly:55:17: error: syntax error, unexpected ADDLYRICS:
        \addlyric

tenor.ly:70:5: error: Error found in this music expression. Ignoring it:

error: failed files: tenor.ly

[hark]#

(617) 661-8097  fax: (501) 641-5011
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139