Re: MediaWiki extension, RFC website, was Re: MediaWiki support

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: Re: MediaWiki extension, RFC website, was Re: MediaWiki support
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:22:47 -0500

On Dec 12, 2004, at 5:34 PM, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Benjamin Esham wrote:

- Does this automatically produce MIDI output?  'Cuz that'd be really
cool :-)

Not yet. It would be easy, though. How about "<lilymidi>" as tag?

Perhaps <lilypond midi="true"> or <lilypond midi>-- I think it'd be better to use the same tag, just with different options. The way this is implemented in WikiTeX is to link the generated image to the generated MIDI file, which
seems like a pretty good idea.

To answer my own question (about safe mode)...

AFAICT, that means that no GUILE expressions are allowed.  Will this
make it impossible to use #(set-ocavation x)?

I don't know about #(set-octavation x), and I don't know anything about
GUILE in safe mode. Gurus: this is a question for you.

From the manual:

The --safe option works by evaluating in-line Scheme expressions in a
special safe module. This safe module is derived from GUILE safe-r5rs
module, but adds a number of functions of the LilyPond API. These
functions are listed in scm/safe-lily.scm.

OK, so I guess we would be able to use set-octavation, but perhaps not some
of the more advanced tricks.

In addition, --safe disallows \include directives and disables the use
of backslashes in TeX strings.

Would this make it impossible to use accented characters in the header?
(Is that even the preferred way to do accented characters anymore?)

--
Benjamin D. Esham       {        http://bdesham.net
address@hidden        }       AIM: bdesham 1 2 8