installation problems

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: installation problems
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:02:21 +0100 (CET)

[CVS 2005-01-13 23:52]

. I get this error

    stepmake/stepmake/../bin/install-sh: mf/out/feta11.cff does not exist.
    make[2]: *** [local-install-outfiles] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `mf'

. In the above error message, I've stripped off my prefixes.  Note
  that the complete command line which installs this and other files
  is more than 49000 characters long on my system!  This might cause
  problems even for recent shells...  To increase both readability and
  potential shell problems I suggest to change that.

    Werner