Re: Using \partcombine and \lyricsto

From: Bret D. Whissel
Subject: Re: Using \partcombine and \lyricsto
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 20:54:26 -0500

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 01:02 +0100, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> address@hidden writes:
> > Does anyone have any comments or ideas for better approaches?  I'm
> > particularly concerned about tossing in a named staff instead of a named
> > voice for \lyricsto.  Is there a better way to specify this
> > syntactically?
> >

> I'm still curious about your patch. Have I missed it perchance?

Hi, Han-Wen.  You have not missed the patch: I've not yet sent it.  The
current version works well enough for my immediate needs, but I didn't
want to send a patch until I could figure out how to alter the
\partcombine behavior on the fly.

It could be weeks before I get back to it, so I'll send in what I have
tomorrow.  Maybe someone else can make use of it or correct its flaws
before I can work on it again.

Bret

PS:  someone just asked for my help to generate a piano reduction of a
6-voice polyphonic choral piece for rehearsals.  (The poor rehearsal
accompanist has to read 6 staves open score, in the key of B, no less:
my heart goes out to her!)  \partcombine is limited to 2 voices, and
3-voice polyphony per staff is still hard to read.  I didn't have time
to do a reduction manually (726 measures by tomorrow), so I had to
refuse aid on this occasion.  But once I've figured out the
part-combiner, I suppose I have my next project lined up...