Re: LSR issues [Manual authors please read]

From: Sebastiano Vigna
Subject: Re: LSR issues [Manual authors please read]
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:15:54 +0100

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 00:28 +0100, Erik Sandberg wrote:

> The reason for my remark was pure prejudice. The website looks a bit hi-tech,
> and it happens (too) often that hi-tech-looking pages use bad html. When
> someone reported that it didn't work, I just did a quick w3c check.

Well, no one ever told me a site of mine looks hi-tech... I'll take that
as a big complimente 8^).

> IMHO, there is a big point in using PD for LSR: Many snippets may be directly
> usable by cut&paste in .ly files, and it would be good to allow everyone to
> do this without restrictions.

Your point is better than mine.

So, manual authors, any problem if some manual snippets and fragments of
text pass into the public domain? I think that this is legally different
from the manual as a whole, which would remain GFDL'd. We probably do
not need an actual formal agreement, just an OK.

BTW: Hurray for Yuval Harel who officially added the first externally
contributed snippet 8^).

--
Ciao,

                                        seba