Re: Compilation on FreeBSD

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Compilation on FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 22:22:19 -0700

Hi all,

Compiling LilyPond 2.5.27 on FreeBSD is working now. You need to install
the dependencies (including texinfo-4.8, which is now in ports).

To configure lilypond (as a user), use the following command:

autoconf=autoconf259 MAKEINFO=/usr/local/bin/makeinfo ./autogen.sh   \
--with-kpathsea-include=/usr/local/include/ --with-kpathsea-lib=/usr/local/lib/

Compile with "gmake" instead of "make".

I took a stab at updating the port, but I couldn't get the port to configure. When I configure lilypond as a normal user, it works fine; when I try to configure it
via an updated port, it can't use flexlexer.h.  ("found but not usable")
As far as I can tell, I set up the port to use the same stuff as that command above -- at least, it claims to be using autoconf259, and any other errors should result in other messages. Somebody else can play with it; I have no
previous experience with FreeBSD, and no experience making ports or
porting software.  :)