Re: website translation

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: website translation
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 09:29:21 +0200

Jean-Charles writes:

> I have downloaded the cvstree of the new website a couple of hours ago.
>
> The french po file is allready "francisée" (as a matter of fact, it is
> the shortest).

Ok.  Are all the strings there?  There's something weird going on with
the comments that accumulate in the po files.

> I thought about the way to deal with all the files and came to the
> point that you can proceed in different manners:

Yes, lots of possibilities, but I think this is overkill.  There is a
script that will print the differences in the source text since the
last translation, I think that should do for now.  In newweb, type

    make LANG=<MY-LANGUAGE> check-translation

> Just a question to Jan: how did you proceed for Dutch?

See the README.

I just copied the directory structure, copied the relevant source
files, and handed that to Tineke.  She likes to translate overwriting
the English source text, while looking at the lilypond.org website for
reference.  As files were finished, I put them in CVS.

Jan.