Note spacing, font design under windows-linux

From: Zoltan V. Laszlo
Subject: Note spacing, font design under windows-linux
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:53:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I downloaded with much curiosity the 2.5.29 version
for windows (2.5.30 was not available by that time). I
"engraved" a piece for trombone, see attachment. The
problem - I think it is - the spacing between eighth
notes (stem up) and quarters. The eighth note is just
too close (see measures #32 and #35). However, in
measure #31 and #36 spacing is much better.
I realize that there are ways to alter spacing, but
this is a simple case, it should work without
inervention

By the way, is there a difference between the fonts
used for notation under windows and linux? I printed
the same score under both (using lilypond for linux
2.4.2) and the windows-printed score looks thinner,
lines are weaker, and so on.

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html