Re: ChangeLog/1.4419 fails to compile correctly

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: ChangeLog/1.4419 fails to compile correctly
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 14:33:46 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> Can you tell me where on your harddisk you have c059013l.pfb ?

On my box:

/sw/share/ghostscript/fonts/c059013l.pfb
/usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts/c059013l.pfb

> Also, does anyone know a way to figure out that information?

I thought that is what fontconfig is for? However, I find the
documentation more than hard to read. So, I have no idea how you would go
about finding the path to a certain font. Also, fc-cache keeps crashing on
me, so I cannot even reverse-engineer what it should to, and how. More and
more I look at fontconfig, more I deem it a BPOC.

Also note that I needed the attached patch to "make web". Most notably,
the TTFs generated by fontforge are not recognized by ghostscript: they
begin with "true" instead of "\000". The patch contains a workaround for
that.

Hth,
Dscho