Re: Extending \lilypondfile to support separate handling of header field

From: Bernard Hurley
Subject: Re: Extending \lilypondfile to support separate handling of header fields for use by LaTeX et.al.
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 09:12:16 +0000

On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 13:12 -0500, Michael Haynie wrote:
> I found and fixed two problems with the LaTeX macros I sent out
> earlier, and revised the hymn song example format to move the copyright
> text to the end of the song.  The fix for header processing is a little
> ugly -- I think there must be a simpler way, but (a) it works, and (b)
> it doesn't materially increase processing time, which is still
> dominated by lilypond proper.
>
> I'm still pretty happy with the mechanism this represents, but for two
> things.
>
> * -Hall to extract every header would be would be tremendously useful.
> Otherwise, I have to extract all of the headers individually, and
> that's *really* tedious.

If you have a look at my new veraion of "lilypond-macros" you will see
it extracts all headers from the .ly files.  It does this by examining
the .ly file directly. The headers don't have to be the usual lilypond
ones.

> * markup in header text is not handled well at all.  I'm really not
> certain how to proceed -- the lilypond markup doesn't look much like
> the equivalent LaTeX markup,

This could be done in lilypond-macros itself. At present it merely puts
in backslashes to stop LaTeX choking.

--
Bernard Hurley <address@hidden>