Re: \displayMusic should begin with a newline

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: \displayMusic should begin with a newline
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 16:32:10 +0200

Graham Percival wrote:

OK, I suppose that I could add that to the manual; it's easy enough on linux and OSX. But IIRC windows doesn't support pipes -- can I assume that anybody on windows would be using cygwin/bash ? Or is there another way to get stdout and stderr in separate files on windows?

In general, I definitely don't think that we should assume/recommend
Windows users to use cygwin/bash. In this particular situation it's just
a matter of the small inconvenience of having to recognize and cut out
the relevant part of the printouts manually. If you provide one example
of the input and corresponding output, anybody should be able to do
enough pattern matching to recognize what to look for, right?

  /Mats