Re: \displayMusic should begin with a newline

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: \displayMusic should begin with a newline
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 15:52:03 -0700

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, 11 May 2006, Paul Scott wrote:

Graham Percival wrote:

But IIRC windows doesn't support pipes --
Sure it does. The original DOS came from some version of Unix. Redirection and pipes have always been there. I just taught their use this week in a WXP class.

At least DOS does not really. Since it is not multitasked, ]
The point was really about redirection of I/O anyway. That shouldn't require multitasking.
IIRC you can pipe only 64K of text, and it does not even fail if there was more data.
Probably not a problem for cmd under WXP which is what is (should be) used by many. I realize that some may be using W98 which may have problems here but again the point was really redirection.

Have fun,

Paul