Re: Bleeding edge documentation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Bleeding edge documentation
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 19:00:05 -0700

On 14-May-06, at 4:23 AM, Nicolas Sceaux wrote:

11.1.1 Overview of music functions

Thanks, done.

11.1.2 Simple substitution functions

tempoMark: a string argument can be written without the sharp. This
looks cleaner: \tempoMark "Allegro" #3.0
Also it's usual, for instance in the case of markup commands, to have
the integer argument before the other. Otherwise, if the string is very
long, the number would be lost after.

True, fixed.

11.2.1 Input variables and Scheme

Done.

11.3.1 Displaying music expressions

Perhaps, the output of the \displayMusic example could be explained a
bit.
Done.

Between that section and the following one, the functions used to access
and set music properties may be introduced.

Err, ok. I added all this pretty much as you explained it here, but I'm not sure that I understood it fully. Could you check this section when we have another release to make sure I didn't omit or change anything important?

11.3.3 Adding articulation to notes (example)

I don't know where you got this example from, but there are mistakes.

From you,  :)
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2006-05/msg00039.html

(you did write "it's late, short story for the rest", so evidently you were tired when you wrote it)

  `cons' is used to add an element to a list

The wording is poor: cons does not modify the existing list. Maybe that
should be precised, for instance: (without modifying the original list).

Hmm... how's this?
address@hidden' is used to add an element to a list without modifying the
original list.

11.4.1 Markup construction in Scheme

  "One can not feed the #:line, #:center, or #:column) commands with a
  variable or the result of a function call."

This sentence should more general, we're talking here about commands
accepting markup-list arguments, eg. #:line, #:center-align or #:column
(but there are others, like #:fill-line).

Does this work?
Commands which accept markup-list arguments (such as
@code{#:line}, @code{#:center}, address@hidden:column}) cannottake commands with a variable or commands which are the
result of a function call.

Thanks,