Re: Scheme chapter: material for deletion

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Scheme chapter: material for deletion
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 12:57:14 +0200

> On 19-May-06, at 1:31 PM, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
>
>> In that case, make sure to also delete the examples in input/*/
>> that use \applyMusic, otherwise you will cause some confusion
>> (of course, some of these examples may be useful and should
>> preferably be rewritten as music functions instead).
>
> \applyOutput is mentioned in 9.2.2 Creating contexts; is this
> reference worth keeping?  Note that I'm not really familiar with
> \apply*, so I'm not in a good position to judge whether they should be
> kept in the docs or not.
>
> Even if we decide to remove references to \apply* in the docs and in
> input/test/, I'm not going to touch input/regresssion/  :)

\applyMusic was the music function ancestor: you could apply a unary
function to a single music expression. So it is sort of useless now,
unless I'm missing something.

Keep sections on \applyContext and \applyOutput, because they have
nothing to do with music expressions, they apply to other types of
objects.

nicolas