Re: pdf documentation broken

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: pdf documentation broken
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 02:45:51 +0200

Graham Percival schreef:
I broken the creation of the pdf docs; I suspect it was the @cindex @code{} => @funindex macro (producing @findex and @kindex) change. I didn't notice it at the time (a few days ago) because it didn't complain for some reason. (enough pre-built stuff lying around in out-www/ , perhaps?)

The HTML docs are fine; the problem occurs with texi2dvi. In the log snippet below, it gets into an infinite loop and I kill it with ^C. I've tried commenting out the relevant section of tweaks.itely; when I do that, it fails on the first @funindex entry in basic-notation.itely. Is there a maximum number of indices that texi2dvi can handle? (a maximum number which is smaller than the max number that texinfo itself can handle?) If so, can this limit be increased?

I have no clue. Can you refactor this into a bugreport for the texinfo mailing list?

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com