Re: Cautionary accidentals in Ambitus

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Cautionary accidentals in Ambitus
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 23:05:44 +0200

Here's an ugly workaround:

\score{

 \relative c {
   \clef bass
   \once \override Staff.Clef #'stencil = ##f
   \once \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
   \partial 4
   s4
   \bar ""
   \set Staff.forceClef = ##t
   \once \override Staff.Clef #'full-size-change = ##t
   \time 4/4
   \clef bass
   \key des \major
   des aes des aes |
 }

 \layout{
   \context {
     \Voice
     \consists Ambitus_engraver
   }
 }
}

  /Mats

Cameron Horsburgh wrote:

Hi folks,

I've recently written a timpani part for a score I'm writing, and I thought I'd
add an ambitus to the beginning of the part to show the necessary tuning (I
know, it's not standard!)

The two notes I want the timps tuned to are aes and des, and the key is des
major. However, because the key signature (which comes _after_ the ambitus)
includes aes and des there are no flats on the ambitus. How do I add cautionary
accidentals?

I notice in the programme reference that Ambitus_engraver has a setting for
cautionary accidentals, but it doesn't tell me how to turn them on or off.

Here's a simple version of my code:

\version "2.9.4"

\score{

 \relative c {