Re: lilypond-book fragment with ties/slurs continuing over the end of th

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lilypond-book fragment with ties/slurs continuing over the end of the fragment
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 11:45:38 +0200

If you can stand some manual tweaking of the LilyPond generated LaTeX code, this is very easy to do. For every score, you will get a file lily-XXXXXXX-systems.tex that essentially just contains a \includegraphics for every score line. So, it's very easy to typeset also the following line and manually just remove or comment out the corresponding \includegraphics command.

If you want to include text comments between lines of a score, you
can even do it without having to touch the generated code if you redefine \betweenLilyPondSystem cleverly.

  /Mats

Quoting Vaclav Smilauer <address@hidden>, Vaclav Smilauer <"eudoxos <at"@unspecified-domain>, "arcig.cz>"@unspecified-domain:

(I posted this message to the general mailing list and apparently there is no
such feature in lilypond to make that happen so I turn over here)

I would like to typeset one-line (one system) of music that has ties and/or
slurs continuing over the end, to the (hypothetical) second system. The system
is block-aligned (in LaTeX). I tried two lilypond-only solutions:

1. "... | c1 ~| \hideNotes\stopStaff c": the staff was aligned as if the hidden bit was there (i.e. it was narrower than \hsize); also, the tie did not look as
pretty as it should.

2. "... | c1 ~| \break\hideNotes\stopStaff c": the alignment was perfect, the
tie was also perfect, but I got clef, bar number and the other part of the
broken tie printed.

Since there is the --preview feature of lilypond, I think that it would be
enough if lilypond-book passed that option to lilypond and then renamed the
*.preview.* file as if it were the whole output of lilypond, ending at \break.

Is such approach acceptable? Should I try (lilypond-book is "python", not
python; sigh) and send a patch? What should this option be called? "oneliner"? "Preview" is clearly not appropriate. Or is it achievable from within .ly, after
all?

Regards, Vaclav Smilauer