Re: Python path

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Python path
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 12:23:47 +0100

Manuzhai escreveu:
On 11/6/06, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
our python is rather wobbly. Chances are that the installed version is a
native python , and would work better.

But unless you have some way to fix this, the other installed Python
will not have Lilypond's modules in it's site-packages, right? So it
wouldn't work at all...

It should work, because the LilyPond scripts modify PYTHONPATH appropriately.

Or at least, it should work. I don't have a windows machine to test this out (and frankly: I'm glad I don't). We'd be very glad with someone who has the tenacity and know how to build LilyPond for and test on Windows32.

Also, I wonder what would make the Lilypond version "wobbly".

We cross-compile Python on a linux box, using the MinGW GCC compiler. All sorts of things tend to go wrong when creating when creating python modules from windows DLLs.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com