Re: skyline vertical spacing

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: skyline vertical spacing
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 10:46:04 +0200

On 11/28/06, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

Joe,

here's a quite important problem regarding skyline positioning and
outside-staff-priority.  Hopefully, you can fix that easily since this
feature rocks!

What happens if you make the c'' higher? I should mention that the skyline vertical placement will never bring objects closer to the staff than they would otherwise be (this is intentional as otherwise it is very hard to introduce extra space). If you want the second RehearsalMark to be closer to the staff, you should set its padding to something small and rely on the skyline placement to avoid collisions.

I'm not on a lilypond-enabled computer right now, so it could be caused by a bug, but I can't tell from your example.

(Also, the skyline spacing currently only raises an object just enough to avoid collisions, there isn't (yet) a way to introduce extra padding between objects)

\version " 2.11.0"

\header { texidoc = "
  Rehearsal marks aren't placed with a skyline algorithm if
  @code{outside-staff-priority} is used.
" }

\relative {
  \override Score.RehearsalMark #'outside-staff-priority = #3
  c1 |
  \mark \default c'' |
  \mark \default c,, |
}